Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreamscape

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Deere, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Deere

Deere Member

Feb 2, 2012
    canada
    I have a customer wanting me to print on the Dreamscape wallpaper. I use a SP540v and want to get feedback on this material. What profile did you use,any tricks etc. Thanks

Tags:
  2. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    We sub out odd requests like wallpaper. Not worth the learning curve/carrying costs unless it will be a steady seller.

3. Saw Trax

Saw Trax Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Kennesaw, GA
    There is a bit of a learning curve - I use to print on the Dreamscape with a JV-33. It took a little bit of trial and error on the Mimaki to get the heat settings just right and I had to raise the head to the higher setting - but overall it was pretty straightforward.

Is there a head height adjustment on your Roland? I know a few sign shops that print A LOT of this material on their Rolands - but a different model printer than yours.

4. Deere

Deere Member

Feb 2, 2012
    canada
    Yes, regular or high setting on this roland. Just curious what profile in Versa Works people use. I see the heat setting that is needed on the DreamScape site. Any more suggestions?

5. Deere

Deere Member

Feb 2, 2012
    canada
    Another thing,will it work on a newly finished wall? Do you have to laminate this? It will be going behind acrylic? Any thought? Thanks