• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dripping Ink?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Epson S70670 10-color eco-solvent printer
My magenta head on has recently started "leaking' or dripping. You can wipe the head off and a minute later a drip will be hanging off the head. This is the only color doing it.
I cannot see any air in my lines anywhere, so I am guessing that it is the "1-piece damper kit" ($500) that went bad? Anyone else have experience with this printer spotting ink?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Usually ink dripping out of the head is a bad dampers, cartridge or bulk ink system failure. I would start with the damper. You should be able to change just 1 damper on that machine which would be the standard dual channel damper but don't quote me on that as Epson tends to do things differently. I'm sure they are selling an assembly of all the dampers with attachments for the $500.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Usually ink dripping out of the head is a bad dampers, cartridge or bulk ink system failure. I would start with the damper. You should be able to change just 1 damper on that machine which would be the standard dual channel damper but don't quote me on that as Epson tends to do things differently. I'm sure they are selling an assembly of all the dampers with attachments for the $500.
It is a single "damper kit" assembly for this printer, it goes on both print heads - all 10 colors. Ouch!

paulica

Check initially if it's not a thin hair or cloth stucked on the head. You could get this when printing lot's of canvas or banner. The edges of the material are your biggest enemies. Check with a lighter when doing a head maintenance. Initially, It's easier than to go around changing parts.

I've got a different problem with dripping. Yellow is pouring out of my machine, from under the cartridge station.

gabagoo

All of the dripping I have experienced over the years was always a small fibre stuck to the head. led lights are good for spotting them

jfiscus

Rap Master
All of the dripping I have experienced over the years was always a small fibre stuck to the head. led lights are good for spotting them
Not just drips while printing; if you unpark the head and move it over to the capping station and wipe it off, there will be magenta drip on it a minute later, then wipe it off and a minute later one will be back.

paulica

Not just drips while printing; if you unpark the head and move it over to the capping station and wipe it off, there will be magenta drip on it a minute later, then wipe it off and a minute later one will be back.

lol, today I got the same issue on black. :) i hope it is just the damper and not a cracked head.