• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dripping wet prints! New Caldera VisualRip

Tyler Durden

Hello,
I am just test printing for the first time with caldera and my Roland 545 OEM ink, and all of the profiles I tried are just dripping wet on the vinyl, gobs of ink melting the vinyl.
I figure something must be wrong, I mean its melting the vinyl with the pools of ink.

I just loaded the software and did some tests, I don't think I messed with any settings to cause this out of the gate.

Has anyone had this experience or know what it might be?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't have a lot of experience with Caldera but in Flexi there is a setting to use color correction that can be turned on and off. Even if you have a profile selected, it doesn't actually apply it unless this option is turned on. It seems to me that could be whats happening in your case. Usually when color correction is not turned on it lays way too much ink down.