• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Driver Error WinCNC / Colex

victor bogdanov

WinCNC for Colex is popping up this error while starting up. Nothing on the computer changed has been working with no issues over a year. No recent windows updates

Any ideas how to resolve, tried running the driver installer and it seems install the drivers but message still there

thumbnail.jpeg

Device manager was not recognizing the PCI card until I uninstalled and installed again but now it is showing "cannon find enough free resources"

thumbnail (1).jpeg

When I uninstall the PCI controller drivers the computer restarts fast, like it always did. but if I install the drivers computers takes a few minutes to boot up/restart

Last edited:

weyandsign

Update chipset drivers. Look for any conflicts listed in the device manager. Check the resources tab for conflicts. Do "optional updates" or driver updates in windows update. Could also be POWER related. Check motherboard for popped/swelled caps.

victor bogdanov

Got it fixed after wasting a few hours.

Took out the PCI cards disconnected/reconnected everything and windows restore from an image backup I made a few months ago and working now. Think it was a bad connection somewhere and I made it worse by installing/reinstalling drivers a few times

JBurton

Signtologist
Check for available updates, but don't apply them. I'd wager a windows update broke it overnight. I'd keep that backup handy, and use that as a first step in trouble shooting if anything happens further down the road.

victor bogdanov

Check for available updates, but don't apply them. I'd wager a windows update broke it overnight. I'd keep that backup handy, and use that as a first step in trouble shooting if anything happens further down the road.
I checked update history and last one was a few days ago. Glad I had the windows image backup though, about to go and create images of all the print/cutting computers

JBurton

Signtologist
I checked update history and last one was a few days ago. Glad I had the windows image backup though, about to go and create images of all the print/cutting computers
Same here. This thread was a nice little reminder, seriously, glad you had yours handy!