Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driver for gerber plotter

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by jowen, Mar 29, 2008.

1. jowen

jowen Member

Mar 23, 2008
    I need a driver for the GERBER SELECT 15 for the flexisign pro 7.6. It don't have this driver in the gerber drivers, I test all the drivers but none of them work with my plotter. How do I find this driver?

Tags:
  2. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
  3. jowen

jowen Member

Mar 23, 2008
    yes is a legal version. It have a list for gerber plotters but it don't have the gerber SELECT 15 .

4. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    I am not familiar with that particular plotter, but if this machine is older than the software itself,

it may not be compatible . . . !

If that is the case you may never get the two products to work together . . .

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Did you read the reply from Tony Teveris with Gerber? it would indicate that you should be able to drive the plotter using the GS15 driver which should be in your Flexi driver list. The difference with your plotter is that it uses a different punch pattern for the sprocket so you may have a problem getting vinyl to fit it.

You can read Tony's reply by clicking HERE.

6. jowen

jowen Member

Mar 23, 2008
    I try to use that driver also I test all the others and nothing happened.

7. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    Well then you got something else wrong.........Try a new cable or port config........

8. jowen

jowen Member

Mar 23, 2008
    I bought a new cable in radio shack a usb to serial and I set it to com 1 and follow the gerber and flexi instructions of the setup. I am thinking that is a problem with the plotter.

9. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    If Im right you need a NULL modem cable.....not just a regular serial cable......try on of those if that doesn't work.....You might have a bad cutter......

10. jowen

jowen Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Ok I purchase it from ebay the null cable. I hope this fix the problem. thanks

11. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

The only other thing I can think of why the GS 15 does not work is because the Gerber plotters have an ID string that identifies the type of plotter they are (ie Gs15, GS15+, Envision 15, etc) I will have to ask the firmware guys (if any of them are still around) if the Gerber Select 15 had it's own ID. The Gerber software does not ask from the ID but I think Flexi might.

12. jowen

jowen Member

Mar 23, 2008

Thanks a lot. This fix my problem. I was using regular serial cable, the null cables fix the problem. thanks again for your help

• Like Like x 1