• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Driver for gerber plotter

jowen

I need a driver for the GERBER SELECT 15 for the flexisign pro 7.6. It don't have this driver in the gerber drivers, I test all the drivers but none of them work with my plotter. How do I find this driver?

jowen

yes is a legal version. It have a list for gerber plotters but it don't have the gerber SELECT 15 .

Replicator

I am not familiar with that particular plotter, but if this machine is older than the software itself,

it may not be compatible . . . !

If that is the case you may never get the two products to work together . . .

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Did you read the reply from Tony Teveris with Gerber? it would indicate that you should be able to drive the plotter using the GS15 driver which should be in your Flexi driver list. The difference with your plotter is that it uses a different punch pattern for the sprocket so you may have a problem getting vinyl to fit it.

You can read Tony's reply by clicking HERE.

jowen

I bought a new cable in radio shack a usb to serial and I set it to com 1 and follow the gerber and flexi instructions of the setup. I am thinking that is a problem with the plotter.

Pro Image

If Im right you need a NULL modem cable.....not just a regular serial cable......try on of those if that doesn't work.....You might have a bad cutter......

Tony Teveris

The only other thing I can think of why the GS 15 does not work is because the Gerber plotters have an ID string that identifies the type of plotter they are (ie Gs15, GS15+, Envision 15, etc) I will have to ask the firmware guys (if any of them are still around) if the Gerber Select 15 had it's own ID. The Gerber software does not ask from the ID but I think Flexi might.

jowen

If Im right you need a NULL modem cable.....not just a regular serial cable......try on of those if that doesn't work.....You might have a bad cutter......

Thanks a lot. This fix my problem. I was using regular serial cable, the null cables fix the problem. thanks again for your help