• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

drop shadow

WOODBS

i created some text in photoshop with a gradient and faded drop shadow. i opened it in flexi to contour cut, but can't figure out how to keep the drop shadow. i tried to put a contour cut on the outside far enough to include the shadow, but it changed the way the shadow looked for some reason?? it's going on a white background, maybe the solution is to just cut a rectangle shape w/ the text in it? thanks brett

Woods,

I know that someone will have the correct method to fix this problem?? but in the meanwhile, if you have to get it out the door, can you just print it and then hand cut it?? I have done this before, only on small jobs. Just trying to help...

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
i created some text in photoshop with a gradient and faded drop shadow. i opened it in flexi to contour cut, but can't figure out how to keep the drop shadow. i tried to put a contour cut on the outside far enough to include the shadow, but it changed the way the shadow looked for some reason?? it's going on a white background, maybe the solution is to just cut a rectangle shape w/ the text in it? thanks brett

What looks different about it? Post a pic.

WOODBS

well, it makes the opacity go away, sort of more solid. i'll try to show a pic later...

GK

if you are making the drop shadow via blending options and doing it from there you are going to run into problems like this. all you need to do is go to the layers palette and right click the "fx" icon on the layer representing the blending options, scroll to the bottom until you see create layer, and then click ok. This takes the drop shadow out of the blending option and makes it its own private layer. The downfall to this is you cannot bring it back as a blending option. The good thing about this though is that you can edit the drop shadow with an eraser tool or anything else now on its own -- and you can export it to flexi with no issues.

GK

pics help :wink:

Attachments

• woodbs.jpg
    woodbs.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 89