• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drop some knowledge on me.

tintwizz

This is my head adjustment after the 3rd time and I am still getting banding. I have also went from one end of the spectrum to the other on my feed calibration with minimal change. I replaced K and M heads and dampners went through all tests and calibrations what am I missing?

Attachments

• 1012160913a.jpg
    1012160913a.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 1012160912a.jpg
    1012160912a.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 144

kffernandez

how's your bi-directional calibration? test print would also help.
btw, your feed calibration needs to be at the exact right spot. going over and going under could produce the banding you're experiencing.

kelly

AaronSSsignsKC

what machine are you on, and how old is it. Banding can be caused by a lot of things. You started in the right spots if all of youre calibrations are good it could be you're page feed motor going out. most solvent machines have a mechanical motor that drives the page feed system and if they start to go out they can lose teeth and bit and you can experience a slip in the page feed that can cause a hell of a band.

Good luck

Ragnabrok

yellow vertical alignment is way off. you cant see it in the vertical test print, but on the bias print you can see the yellow isn't level with the other colours. sometimes it's just that one nozzle that doesn't fire for the test prints, making them a bit more tedious to align.

tintwizz

Roland vp540I probably about 7 years old.when I look through a magnify glass at the pattern the yellow looks perfect at the bottom but looks like it's missing a line at top. Here is a calibration test and can't figure how I get an overlap in both directions of the scale

Attachments

• 1012161617.jpg
    1012161617.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 137

Ragnabrok

overlap on both sides, thats a new one. feed related? pinch roller arms cracked?

if you can't align yellow with the vertical test print, use the bias to at least get it close.

tintwizz

All my test prints look good. So I started printing this and noticed I have blue on on side and yellow on the other on the edge of print.

Attachments

• 1012161706a.jpg
    1012161706a.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 1012161706.jpg
    1012161706.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 87

ProPDF

change the encoder strip and the sensor that reads it on the carriage board. Also pull head carriage to the left in maintenance mode and then take a plastic cleaning swab up against the back of the heads and see if there is a gap. Don't use a metal ruler. I had the overlapping too heads were out of alignment plus encoder was dirty. Parts are cheap on signinchina