• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Droplet sizes?

FatCat

Wondering if anyone can help me figure out the droplet sizes printed by my Mutoh 1604. I just realized that Wasatch has a cost estimator built in to their software and unfortunately the only missing piece of the puzzle is the droplet size (in pico liters) needed for small/medium/large sized drops. I think the only info I have seen is that the DX5 can print as small as 1.5 pl, but I don't see anything on the medium or large droplet sizes?

Anybody have a clue?

genericname

Is there an option for inputing the minimum and maximum size? If you're using a variable-dot pattern, a single number won't ever give you a decent estimate. Input the median drop size for an average cost I'd say?

heyskull

FatCat
What version of wasatch are you running your 1604 off?
I am running Wasatch 6.2 on our VJ1604 and can't find an ink cost estimator on it.

I also thought like me you were running bulk inks through your machine.
So ink costs must be a hell of a lot lower than if you were running OEM inks through it.
But it would be interesting to see how much ink is used for each print.

SC