Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Droplets around the edge of print head. Normal?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by timjitsu, Apr 12, 2019.

1. timjitsu

timjitsu Member

Feb 24, 2017
    California
    Printer model TrafficJet/Mutoh VJ 1638x. I just got it about a week ago and I went to clean it and I noticed little droplets around the edges of the print head. Is this normal? I looked in the manual and online and everything says to NOT touch the print heads. So what do I do?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tags:
  2. Superior_Adam

Superior_Adam Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Wichita, Kansas
    That is normal and you can clean the areas around the print head. The larger rectangle surface in the middle is where all the nozzles are and that is what you want to avoid. The metal strips to the left and right are good to clean.

3. zspace

zspace Merchant Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    When we ran solvent printers we cleaned those areas with a Q tip every day to keep it from building up and effecting the seal on the capping station.

4. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    The actual head surface is the only place you’d want to avoid. Everything else will need cleaned regularly. (If you run it every day then daily, I’d say at least once a week).

5. timjitsu

timjitsu Member

Feb 24, 2017
    California
    Thanks! I talked to the technician who trained me with the printer and he said it was condensation, and it's nothing to worry about.