• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Droplets around the edge of print head. Normal?

timjitsu

Printer model TrafficJet/Mutoh VJ 1638x. I just got it about a week ago and I went to clean it and I noticed little droplets around the edges of the print head. Is this normal? I looked in the manual and online and everything says to NOT touch the print heads. So what do I do?
SnnQtv4.jpg

UQXj6nC.jpg

Superior_Adam

That is normal and you can clean the areas around the print head. The larger rectangle surface in the middle is where all the nozzles are and that is what you want to avoid. The metal strips to the left and right are good to clean.

zspace

Premium Subscriber
When we ran solvent printers we cleaned those areas with a Q tip every day to keep it from building up and effecting the seal on the capping station.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
The actual head surface is the only place you’d want to avoid. Everything else will need cleaned regularly. (If you run it every day then daily, I’d say at least once a week).

timjitsu

That is normal and you can clean the areas around the print head. The larger rectangle surface in the middle is where all the nozzles are and that is what you want to avoid. The metal strips to the left and right are good to clean.

Thanks! I talked to the technician who trained me with the printer and he said it was condensation, and it's nothing to worry about.