• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dropping prints

dj_elite

So I printed all last week no problems. Started printing this morning printed about 6 prints fine, just went to do another print and sure enough about a third of the way through it stopped again. No idea what is causing this. I am so afraid on large prints that it is going to stop 3/4 of the way through and ruin my print and waste time and money. Anyone have any ideas on this?

dj_elite

So I gave up on print servers. Bought a parallel card so its direct from computer to printer. I was sure this would fix my problem! Nope still dropping large prints! I have tried everything and am at wits end with this thing. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM? I hate to keep guessing and wasting money that is unnecessary. I'm wasting a lot of ink and material too trying to reprint and hope it prints the whole print.

dj_elite

Im trying a new power conditioner later on today as mine is a few years old. I doubt that is the problem but I have been wanting a new one anyway. I dont think it would be the Memory? Wouldnt it not work at all? I dunno could be wrong...

Headhunterx

I never used a parallel before I was to far away, but I never had a problem you are describing with the true network cards but I did several times with a Roland CJ500 through a print server that is why I finally got rid of the CJ because I had to use a parallel and I need more room.

Headhunterx

That does not matter you were still using your parallel port of your printer for the print server you had been using and now you are using the same port to your computer so the problem should be the parallel port of the printer.

dj_elite

I need one anyways. This printer has been a waste of money since I bought it. How do I know if I buy your network card thats not going to be a waste of money?

Border

You said that you ran an ethernet wire to bypass your wireless setup....Did make sure that the wireless connection is now disabled and that the data is going through via the hard wire, or is it possible that it's still trying to receive through the [possibly bad] wireless connection?

Just a thought.

dj_elite

wireless was completely disabled when going through ethernet cable. I disabled the wireless card

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

Mutohs on board memory is cheap... we've had the issue with our VJ-1304s memory going bad which gave us similar issues along with end of roll errors constantly. Had GEI wideformat replace it under contract and viola problem fixed.

dj_elite

Mutohs on board memory is cheap... we've had the issue with our VJ-1304s memory going bad which gave us similar issues along with end of roll errors constantly. Had GEI wideformat replace it under contract and viola problem fixed.

Thats my next step. By the time Im finished it will work as every part on this damn thing will probably be replaced!!!