• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

drops of magenta

Sabre

We had a similar issue on our SP540V at one time. They called it "dot drop" and said it was due to lack of cleaning. We made a schedule after that whether or not we thought it needed the cleaning and haven't had any issues since.

peavey123

on the VP you can turn on "periodic cleaning" which wipes the heads. You can set it to clean after every print or every few minutes if you so choose. I wouldn't reccommend setting to clean every few minutes unless you only run small jobs...

With the SP 540 if there is any ink on the metal around the sponge that when its time to clean forsure.

Velocity

Sabre's right get on a schedule and follow it religiously. We do a clean on a weekly basis. During that time we check the wipers, scraper, and sponges. Its a good habbit to get into.