• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drugged by Parents....................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
drugged.jpg
:thumb:

GypsyGraphics

Love That!!!
Too many parent these days not willing to put in the time it takes to discipline their kids or who think it’s the school’s job. I had friends who were more concerned with being their kids friend and end up with kids they wouldn’t want as friends.

joeshaul

Because drugs are obviously GenX's fault? I mean there sure as hell weren't any drugs during the 60s, and before that people weren't constantly abusing liquor, "lagnum", morphine, and etc on a common basis. Nope, this whole drug thing is a brand new trend!!!

There will always be a large part of the mass using drugs, for whatever the reason. I watched one of my best friends from middle school being "drug" through what that article mentions, he ended up being the biggest druggy I knew during early high school (and no, not the drug to church type, the "what? meth, coke, and LSD together? Sounds Awesome!"). It's been over 15 years since I last seen/talked to him (also during early high school).

My parents were very lax on me growing up, we only got punished for serious things, no religion pushed on us and I have the utmost respect for them for bringing me up that way. I don't drink, do drugs, etc, my brother on the otherhand considers many of them fun recreational things. Fairly similar upbringing, slightly different result. This is more a nature vs nurture kind of problem, and I believe there will always be drugs and druggies no matter how much nurture you give, it's part of human nature.

sjm

Loved the last line. America would be a better place. Come on Obama, you can do it dude?

TheSnowman

Loved it, and I'm only 27. I don't care how old you are...you don't have to be a turd about everything in life towards others.

GypsyGraphics

Was just talking my middle son's about this article and he reminded me of story i told him about my oldest son.

In 1991, my oldest son was staring kindergarten. Since he was my first entering the school system, I had no idea what "Red Ribbon" week was. My five year old comes home from school with a huge button pinned to his shirt with a long red ribbon hanging from it. The button reads "Proud to be Drug Free." I remember thinking "5 years old, THAT'S when i'm suppose to be talking to him about drugs."

The conversation that followed was so funny, i wrote it on the back of the ribbon and still have it today, it says:

mom: trev, do you know what this button says
trev: yes, it says proud to be drug free
mom: do you know what drug are
trev: NO, but i know they're FREE

thanks, teach... i'll take it from here

Craig Sjoquist

great reading and the truth .. to many parents are not laying down the law on behavior

so they get away with alot

Bring back the draft so they start respecting our country again and why we became American's and what we stand for.

sjm

Was just talking my middle son's about this article and he reminded me of story i told him about my oldest son.

In 1991, my oldest son was staring kindergarten. Since he was my first entering the school system, I had no idea what "Red Ribbon" week was. My five year old comes home from school with a huge button pinned to his shirt with a long red ribbon hanging from it. The button reads "Proud to be Drug Free." I remember thinking "5 years old, THAT'S when i'm suppose to be talking to him about drugs."

The conversation that followed was so funny, i wrote it on the back of the ribbon and still have it today, it says:

mom: trev, do you know what this button says
trev: yes, it says proud to be drug free
mom: do you know what drug are
trev: NO, but i know they're FREE

thanks, teach... i'll take it from here

Gypsy you make a good point. Though I must remind you there are medicinal uses for the like. To understand that I think one needs to be of an open mind.

Last edited:

sjm

great reading and the truth .. to many parents are not laying down the law on behavior

so they get away with alot

Bring back the draft so they start respecting our country again and why we became American's and what we stand for.

How's about affordable medical benefits for all?

CES020

With all due respect, many of the leaders of our country today were involved in the draft and they have no respect for this country either. In fact, a number of them have publicly said the Constitution doesn't need to apply any longer, so they proceed with life as if the Constitution no longer exists.

So I'd differ with the opinion the draft would solve todays issues with disrespectful kids.

I'd go a different direction. I'd say eliminate the "Time Out" method of discipline and go back to being afraid you'd get your butt spanked. And whatever happened to getting "grounded". I remember spending days in my room, doing nothing, because I was grounded for not listening. I haven't seen a kid get grounded for years now. They get sent to their room where they have video games, tv's, and DVD players. "Oh, thanks for that punishment, I get to play video games and watch movies because I was bad and smart mouthed you?".

killergraphics

I had posted Gino's newspaper thing on one of my other boards and it went the way of kids calling the law on their parents after a whipping.

This is about all I could say about that...

When I was growing up…a work still in progress…I can only remember 3 or 4 whippings I ever got from my dad.

And yes I needed all of them but one.

When I was 5 on a very hot summer day, I got the big one.

First let me set the stage.

There was a man that had a few rental houses around our house and he always had juicy fruit gum on him that he gave me a piece of. So when I seen him around it was gum time. This was back in the early 60's people were not taking kids like today so I had the run of the place. And believe it or not his name was MR. Homer, no kidding Jay.

He had this old guy that worked on his stuff that drank all day every day. So to bring this all together.

On this day I was watching the drunk working on a door frame and he hit his thumb with a hammer.

He looked at the hammer and called it a SOB and though it across the room. I thought the hammer did it. I got scared and went home.
Like I said it was a very hot day.

My Dad was mowing the yard and back then the mowers had a rope with a knot on the end that you wrapped around and pulled to start it.
So I’m minding my business sitting up in an apple tree watching him. The blasted thing had quit and he was just cranking…over and over. And at the very second that the universe shifted he pulled so hard the mower was coming off the ground and the rope broke, he lost his balance and feel down.
So being on his side I said “Daddy that is a son of a bitch” He hated people curssing.

I’m in the apple tree, he still has the “T” handle of the about 3 foot rope in his hand and I got the beating of my life. You had to lock hands with him in a whipping...and yes I knew the round and round move.

The worst thing was I was on his side.

Thank God my Mom pulled up in the yard from shopping and stopped it or it might still be going on.

I had a pretty good idea I did not do anything wrong and I knew when I saw the look on his face as he pulled me out of the tree that I was taking the mowers beating.

I never held it against him.

I was lucky to have a GREAT DAD. Sh!t happens.

I don’t have kids. But if I did and they called the law over a whipping they had better go with them.