• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drum wraps

werockprints

Good afternoon. Any of you have experience wrapping drums? We've done quite a few drumhead graphics but haven't wrapped the drum itself (body). It sounds like vehicle wrap material might be a good solution, but I do know this client has been using decal material up to this point. Labor is what will be most costly, which is why this guy wants to outsource to us, too time consuming for him. I think car wrap material might cling to it better. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hutch

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I haven't done it, but one of the guys that I work with is a drummer and did his own. He shot it with a quick spray of gloss paint to help the vinyl adhere. He chose holographic vinyl, so any minor imperfections weren't terrible.

modernimagesigns

I have done several, and also am a drummer. I wrapped my personal set a little over 2 years ago using Arlon 4600 with Arlon 3420G overlaminate. I have had great results with it. My shells were a stained wood, so all I did was completely disassemble all the hardwear, cleaned with alcohol, and installed. It has held up exceptionally. We play about 130 shows a year, usually 2-3 nights a week, in different locations, so lots of setup and tear down. I even wrapped the wooden hoops on the kick drum (where the kick pedals hook on.) I also have wrapped kits with the sparkle type wrap finishes, without any other prep than what I did on mine. I noticed very little tonal change on the kit, which is a concern for drummers.

Attachments

• my drums.jpg
    my drums.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 111

werockprints

I have done several, and also am a drummer. I wrapped my personal set a little over 2 years ago using Arlon 4600 with Arlon 3420G overlaminate. I have had great results with it. My shells were a stained wood, so all I did was completely disassemble all the hardwear, cleaned with alcohol, and installed. It has held up exceptionally. We play about 130 shows a year, usually 2-3 nights a week, in different locations, so lots of setup and tear down. I even wrapped the wooden hoops on the kick drum (where the kick pedals hook on.) I also have wrapped kits with the sparkle type wrap finishes, without any other prep than what I did on mine. I noticed very little tonal change on the kit, which is a concern for drummers.

Wow! Thanks so much for that valuable information. Over 80% of our client base is the music industry, has been for 23 years, so having someone tied in to both sides like yourself is VERY helpful. Appreciate it.

werockprints

I haven't done it, but one of the guys that I work with is a drummer and did his own. He shot it with a quick spray of gloss paint to help the vinyl adhere. He chose holographic vinyl, so any minor imperfections weren't terrible.
Thanks so much!