Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Dry applying optically clear Laminate to glass

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by HecklnDecalr, Oct 11, 2018.

1. I have a project that has print-cut frosted vinyl that has large open spaces so you can see through the window but also has pieces cut out of the main frosted part as well. I have laminated with optically clear to protect the print as cleaners may try to clean it. My problem is that I can't wet apply the lam as there are a lot of spots where the vinyl is cut where I'm sure fluid will be trapped. Will the optically clear lam that appears cloudy on the window now ever clear up? Will heat help it cure?
    This was the first test window....I have 132 more to do. Do I need to search for better options? My customer already doesn't like my price so any option would need to be cost effective. Thanks for your time in advance.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  2. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    In our experience, optically clear laminate usually starts cloudy and clears up in a few days/weeks.

3. Yeah, I came in this morning and it's already noticeably better. Thanks for your response.