• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dry erase coro checks

routierracing

I have a customer that wants a 5ftx30in check that has all the permanent lines and there logo on it. They also want it to be dry eraseable for the their write in stuff. Would the best idea be to wrap a piece of coro with dry erase vinyl and then apply diecut vinyl on top of that for the permanent lines? Will die cut vinyl stick on top of dry erase vinyl? Also they are looking for a price. I've never done a coro check. Can anyone give me all ball park?

GoodPeopleFlags

That dry erase vinyl doesn't work well. If they don't erase it immediately after use, it won't erase completely. Basically, it's crap. Something I read about on here but haven't tried yet is the dry erase laminate. You just print on your regular vinyl then laminate with this dry erase laminate. You have to tell them not to use the cheap-o markers; they gotta use the good ones. What's that name brand?

Mosh

We do these all the time with wipe-it dry erase laminate from Fellars. Use PVC plastic instead of coro, they will hold up way better. Been there done that.....people will notice the
difference.

jiarby

print the whole thing and then lam with wypet (Fellers Dry Erase Laminate). second the sintra/pvc tip. Doesn't cost that much more, and alot smoother and professional looking.

Be SURE to tell them "NO SHARPIES!!" Maybe even write on the back on a label.

encadtech

i use the wypet overlam from fellers - we digitally print the whole check - mount - then overlam - works like a charm if the client uses dry erase markers - we supply them one with the check so that when they use the sharpie - my answer is - so you didn't use the marker we supplied you???

Pat Whatley

We've done about 100 of them in the last 10 years on the tile board from Home Depot. Do your lines and lettering in vinyl and send them on their way. We get $65 for 18"x48" without a logo.

Mosh

I used to use shower board. If they don't wipe it off right after they use it the
markers will stain the board. Been there done that....

ABPGraphics

I did a banana board for my brother in law who works for distribution center - I used the dry erase laminate over the printed image - I did this about 8 months ago - I just talked with him and asked him if he had any kind of issues with the dry erase - he told me it has worked perfectly since he received it

+1 dry erase lam from fellers

Attachments

• tommy.jpg
    tommy.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 143

Pat Whatley

Yes, the non-textured shower wall stuff. I've seen the red markers stain it after a while but never the blue or black.

It's also better than buying a full roll of specialty laminate that you may never need again since this is the first time this has come up for you.

J Hill Designs

I drew on the showerboard with a brown expo, and nothing would clean it off..after only being on there for like 5 minutes...