• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dry Erase Laminate-- How to clean

hydo1

I have a customer who I did some prints for that were laminated with a dry erase laminate. I subbed out the lamination work so I am not sure what exact brand was used.

They are using Expo Dry Erase laminate cleaning spray and some of the colored text is not coming off as it should. Is there another method to clean the laminate other than the removal spray?

jokingscroll

Use naphtha they sell it at homedepot. If they used a OPP film it will leave ghosting after a while but if your customer is not wiping down the laminate for days and its a OPP dry erase film it could stain the laminate. OPP film is a economy film hardcoat is superior dry erase laminate.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
As a last resort (before replacement) have them try a Mr Clean Magic Eraser.

wayne k
guam usa

Wiggum PI

Have had success with a citrus based cleaner on unlam'd white board vinyl for a couple of years which I didn't expect, so maybe worth a try.

gabagoo

I guess the real question is.......Once using these other products to clean off ink that didn't come off, will dry erase area be dry erase anymore?

jokingscroll

Yes it will still be dry erase unless somehow you take the laminate off From the adhesive. I have literally ran tons of opp film. naphtha works he best.