• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dry Erase Laminate

1robbie

I have a job that needs to be dry erase-- looking at printing on GF. I found a GF110 dry erase laminate. Has anyone used it and had good luck with it?
Anyone willing to sell me 20' of some? I really don't want to spend $350 on a roll of material not that I will only use once.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Um....don't print on dry erase lam. Laminate with it. Print on your substrate or vinyl.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I always had the same experience and notion. Dry erase repels most anything, so most inks would wear very quickly too, especially if they use a washing agent to help remove stains. Maybe things have changed.

1robbie

sorry I meant that I am printing on GF but looking for a laminate to go with it that will last more than 6 months.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I have to check with my laminator operator to see how much we actually have in stock. What do you need printed?

I have a job that needs to be dry erase-- looking at printing on GF. I found a GF110 dry erase laminate. Has anyone used it and had good luck with it?
Anyone willing to sell me 20' of some? I really don't want to spend $350 on a roll of material not that I will only use once.

Although Fellers lists that laminate for $350, probably because it's not as relevant in the wrap market, you can buy 54" x 150' rolls for $163.95 and 54" x 75' rolls for $89.95 here...

https://www.signoutletstore.com/General-Formulations-GF-111-Dry-Erase-Laminate-p/p-11-5.htm

Last edited:

jimbug72

I've found that our standard intermediate Briteline UV lam, as well as Orcal 210 & 290 gloss laminates seem to be just as "dry erasable" as the specialty lam. That being said, I haven't tested them side by side in longevity as a dry erase lam.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I've found that our standard intermediate Briteline UV lam, as well as Orcal 210 & 290 gloss laminates seem to be just as "dry erasable" as the specialty lam. That being said, I haven't tested them side by side in longevity as a dry erase lam.

Agreed Jim....We use briteline as well but for durability of the dry erase factor for our clients peace of mind...we utilize only Dry Erase specific when requested. We dont chance our jobs for our clients/their clients.

jimbug72

Agreed Jim....We use briteline as well but for durability of the dry erase factor for our clients peace of mind...we utilize only Dry Erase specific when requested. We dont chance our jobs for our clients/their clients.

I agree as well, we use Vandal Guard Laminate for all dry erase orders, but if we are doing any dry erase projects for home or temp office use we just use the Briteline gloss.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I've found that to be true with certain markers....I forget which ones, but some are hard to erase unless it's true dry erase laminate.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Side note:

We used to sell a few 18x24 aluminum real estate signs with dry erase to neighborhoods and they always complained that they were difficult to clean and didn't work well. One finally brought a sign in and they had scrubbed it hard with unknown cleaners and ruined the dry-erase capabilities.

After a little research, we found out that UV light and long periods make the ink appear permanent. The best way to clean stubborn dry-erase without damaging the laminate is to use dry-erase cleaner, or color/scrub over the old message with a dry-erase pen then wipe it off. If you take the time to explain this to the customer on pickup you can save yourself a few complaints.

gabagoo

as far as markers go, I was told by someone who had a lot of experience with dry erase that Expo markers were the worst and stained. Strangely enough Expo seem to be everywhere you look...

Quartet were supposed to be good as well as Staedtler and stay away from dollar store Chinese write erase markers as well.

De.signs Nanaimo

I just use regular laminate, tell the client the material is not certified for dry erase but is WAY cheaper. I have one client that is on her second A-frame, the inserts are printed, regular lam and mounted on aluminum panel. It's a hair studio that changes specials almost every day, the signs are now two years old and working fine.

gabagoo

I just use regular laminate, tell the client the material is not certified for dry erase but is WAY cheaper. I have one client that is on her second A-frame, the inserts are printed, regular lam and mounted on aluminum panel. It's a hair studio that changes specials almost every day, the signs are now two years old and working fine.
I agree that gloss laminate will work if the message does not stay on too long