• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dry Erase Laminate

UPMCSignGuy

I'm looking for the highest-quality clear dry erase laminate. Is there something superior anyone can suggest?

Rather than lettering or engraving boards (used both methods through the years; they don't hold up), I've been creating custom vinyl prints and having a local company laminate them with a "dry-erase/graffiti laminate". Unfortunately they ghost too much.

I would rather get a better product than ask staff to switch markers and/or methodically clean. We have countless boards that will be needing attention.

UPMCSignGuy

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm looking for anything that doesn't require a cleaner... Maybe a specific brand of markers would suffice...

slopoke

I've been using the "RemiErase" Dry Erase from Remington Laminations for years with really good results. I have a customer that does menu boards for the food service industry and his customers have been really happy with how it cleans off. He has also been really happy with the minimal amount of silvering we have on his solid blacks. It's more expensive but for our application has been well worth the cost difference.

Vandal Guard USA

Polypropylene dry erase materials (Wypet, General Formulations, etc.) are NOT designed for long term/repeated use. Furthermore, if your customer will be writing/erasing repeatedly in the same area of the board you WILL get a call from your customers asking "Why is the board not erasing anymore and why is the laminate separating from the vinyl?" Polypropylene WILL be eaten alive eventually by the solvents in the dry erase markers. I'd recommend going with a specially formulated polyester laminate. It works great indoors and outdoors. If anybody wants a free sample of Vandal Guard Anti-Graffiti/Dry Erase laminate visit: www.VandalGuardUSA.com/samples