• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dry Erase overlam for a vehicle?

HollySheps

Hi everyone,

I have a client who is fully wrapping some SUV's as promo vehicles. They want to have one section of their vehicle covered in the dry erase overlaminate, so they can write on the actual vehicles while they are parked at events. For example, they want the side rear window to be used as a "white board" space.

Does anyone know of a good dry-erase overlaminate that can be used for vehicles? The graphics are long term.
Also, since it is only going to be on a small area, I am going to have to apply it after the rest of the wrap is complete. I am assuming that applying wet will be the only way to go. Just looking for thoughts on that as well, as I read in a previous thread that dry-erase shouldn't be applied wet.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
every DE lam that I have seen has had super aggressive tack and does not behave like normal vinyl.

If you're only doing a small part, then use transfer tape and get an extra pair of hands to help when applying it....

I don't think I would apply wet. Nope.

MachServTech

Neschen Print Sheild anti-Graffiti PSA

Says it can be used with "flexible substrates" but I would test before ordering a bunch.

damon1212

I would use caution with dry erase lam in general in terms of durability. I've had de-lamination issues with two different brands of dry erase, one on a wallpaper wall and another on mounted gator board. When I asked the manufacturers about it they said that the product is not meant to be for long term use. I have to think a car would be a higher level of difficulty than a flat board or wall. It might work great, but I would be careful with the guarantee I give the client. Let them know what you are doing is not typical and falls outside your normal warranty . . . IMHO.