• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dry install

Techman

but it sounds like you are applying it about as good as any "pro"

Sorry, I just did a window job, in the cold and had NO blisters.

i have used gold, gray and white , and even one of those bondo squeegees. all worked fine.. If they are sharpened right..

As Bob says, its all in the technique.
First you must have the trans tape down smooth.
Next your tool has to be sharp.
these two techniques are just about the key to having no blisters.

4R Graphics

Man I am really over supprised as to the response I got. I thank everyone and I will continue to practice. I have one question everyone says sharpen your squeegee would someone like to explain just what it should look like and how to do it? I have just been using them out of the box until they get worn in the center and are no longer flat then I toss it and grab a new one but it sounds like I should be edge treating this thing before I ever use it so please explain the goal and how to achieve it when sharpening a squeegee. I think this may be one of the biggest things that will help me.

Thanks again

jdb

I suggest a Bronson4400-j window vinyl laminator with a wg32-667zw adjustor, or some practice with a gold squeegee.

jimmysigns

another trick for dry application
after you have your application hinged to the surface, spray the application tape with your fluid. it takes the stiffness out of the application, allows for an easier squeegee and less bubbles and also releases the application tape easier from the vinyl.
works great! :smile:

hattersroxie

i agree with you jummysigns!!! that trick works well... if you cant seem to get it perfect just take a brand new exacto blade and pop a small dot right in the middle.then take your squeege and smooth it out- if you can you did it take a hairdryer to it or a heat gun and it will soften the vinyl and the spot will go away! be careful though... not too much heat.. the vinyl will thin and stretch!