• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drytac Multitac Tunnelling on Gatorboard?

derekw13029

So I have this issue more frequently than I would like to admit. Using an old Jetmounter, we've been applying Drytac Multitac to 4' x 8' sheets of gatorboard for years. The rollers might be a little worn in certain areas, but the boards always roll straight as can be with a proper set-up. We'll run 15 boards at once, and it almost never fails that one of them tunnels. Since we need the whole board, any tunneling ruins the entire board (except the bits we can salvage for smaller prints).

The adhesive never buckles while going through the mounter. If it's a humidity or otherwise environmental problem, I don't understand why only one board will tunnel, while the others are fine. We do store them on their side from time to time for a couple days.

Does anyone else have this issue, or know what might cause it? This go 'round, the board that tunneled was about the 4th one we put through out of 10. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20170505_101218.jpg
    20170505_101218.jpg
    878.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 20170505_101226.jpg
    20170505_101226.jpg
    870.3 KB · Views: 136

derekw13029

Ungh, came in over the weekend and more boards have tunneled. It must have something to do with standing them on their side.