Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layer Glass Install

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by dlndesign, Jun 8, 2010.

1. dlndesign

dlndesign Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    San Diego, Ca
    I am about to do an install with a complex image that will be on the outside and inside of a glass door, with the image reversed to match on either side. This is the fist install of its kind that i have had the oppertunity to work on and I am looking for any tips that would make the best install possible. I will be printing on ABV so I don't want the grey adhesive to show on either side, looking for perfect alignment.

Thanks

Tags:
  2. KetchikanSignpro

KetchikanSignpro Member

Sep 24, 2009
    just did done last week and we used clear masking over rapid air and wet mounted it worked well enough seams to be sticking just fine

3. dlndesign

dlndesign Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    San Diego, Ca
    thanks for the tip. I intended to install the panel on the outside first to give me more to register by using the light from the sun once I was inside. I also was intending to use rapid tac, but I am torn. Rapid tac takes a bit longer to allow the graphic to adhere, longer than I intend to spend on the isntall, any suggestions on a better application fluid? Or would my best bet be dry application?

Thanks

4. dlndesign

dlndesign Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    San Diego, Ca
    Adhesive Backed Vinyl - ABV. Yes I have used the Avery EZ in the past, this is a full color print, and I do not have any EZ to use myself for this project. Thanks.