• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dual Output Video Card

TheSnowman

I saw the other post about the video card and it reminded me that I had a conference I have to do a presentation for coming up next month, and my current video card was giving me trouble. I believe what I have is PCI Express, but not sure since I don't still have the original box.

What I'll be doing is running multiple screen software where I have my software and preview on my screen, and then output to a projector. I'd almost prefer a DVI and VGA option (even though I know I can get an adapter) because my scan converter is VGA. It needs to run DVD's, power point presentations, etc, which the software controls, but I want to make sure it's not sluggish.

I had this card installed but it started shutting down on me anytime I'd watch YouTube, Netflix, or Hulu, and I knew I wouldn't stand a chance on having to play videos and presentations on it. Anyway, I'd even be up for something basically like what I have now, but since it's given me trouble, I don't really want the same brand if there is something else. This is a PNY GeForce.

Any suggestions? Figured I'd find something nice online instead of going to staples and having to buy whatever they had in stock.

Attachments

• image-1033670590.png
    image-1033670590.png
    949.8 KB · Views: 112
  • image-3599276785.png
    image-3599276785.png
    975.2 KB · Views: 96

smdgrfx

There are only two types of reference design cards. One is Nvidia, the other is AMD (ATI Radeon). The PNY GeForce is an Nvidia card. Looks like you have PCI-X card there. Be sure your power supply is up to snuff for putting in a better video card. Typically, a better card will require an extra 6pin power source. You can get a GeForce 440 for under $75. or for a little more coin - a GeForce GTS 450 that will be twice as nice. But it needs more power.

njshorts

also, fwiw- I'd contact PNY. They're a great manufacturer, and geforce cards are pretty damn good... You may have a totally unrelated issue they can help with, or replace the card.

TheSnowman

Well that was my original plan...but I couldn't find a contact phone number for that division of PNY. I thought it was a good card. I sent an email to them, and never heard squat back. Do you have a phone number for them by chance? Maybe I'm just blind, but I googled it at least three times and never got anywhere.