• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dual rolls on valuejet?

CheapVehicleWrap

No, the 1614. Flexi supports this, but unless you rolled the dual rolls on a single core yourself you'd have to "connect" the rolls....

Wrapture

Hmm. I see this plan riddled with land mines. The materials would have to be exact else profiling is moot, not to mention the mechanics of PF adjust. ...and the raw media edges in the center. To me the risk isn't worth the gain...whatever the gain is for you. Personally I can't think of one. I do know the dual head unit supports dual rolls...but it's designed for that.

CheapVehicleWrap

Land mines? Can we meet half way...say shoe bombs? The gain would be time and less travel on the rail. Yes of course it would have to be the same media.

Wrapture

We can call it whatever, but that print head makes us money and I will err on the side of safety>speed any day.

If we're talking the exact same material (though I'd never try this with banner material) I suppose it's technically possible even without software support, it's just too plain risky. What happens when one material skews and jumps on top of the other?

Is the material you're printing on not available in a wider width?

CheapVehicleWrap

ahh, there's even another possible reason. No, I just want to run smaller media with multiple jobs. Do you run Flexi with your 1614? See the dual roll setup with sizes for each roll and a gap setting for in between?

Wrapture

Nah, we use Wasatch.

I just think I'm totally missing the point (no breakfast has that affect) of why you'd want to rack up two small rolls of the same material as opposed to one wide roll.

Last edited: