• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Duck Mascot

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Don't normally draw this stuff, as there is a veritable cornacopia of mascots out there, but a duck holding a bat ... almost devoid of existance on the web.

So I pulled out the illustration pens and quickly sketched one out.

I'm just under an hour total from sketch to vector.

Attachments

• duckwithbat.jpg
    duckwithbat.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 127

MikePro

not bad for under 1hr. wish I could be so productive from scratch.

if you're looking for other ideas, Madison Mallards has a great logo.... looks like a skull & crossbones, but with a duck head and baseball bats.
...which also appears to be a spin-off from the Mighty Ducks' logo
Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 1.56.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 1.58.30 PM.png

JgS

I like it but I see him as more of a trouble maker tan a baseball player. Maybe a baseball cap?

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
not bad for under 1hr. wish I could be so productive from scratch.

if you're looking for other ideas, Madison Mallards has a great logo.... looks like a skull & crossbones, but with a duck head and baseball bats.
...which also appears to be a spin-off from the Mighty Ducks' logo
View attachment 93659 View attachment 93660

Thanks. The exact line was 'duck wielding a bat' ... suggested a crossed bat with duck head design funny enough. Just didn't go for it.

that duck looks like he is going to give someone a beat-down!!!

you should have seen the first one, he had deranged eyes and arms twice as thick ... the roided version as it were .. I quickly scratched that idea out.

idsignsil
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by JgS
I like it but I see him as more of a trouble maker tan a baseball player. Maybe a baseball cap?

And cleats instead of shoes.

It's for an amature softball league ... most won't have hats let alone cleats probably aren't on the equipment list. A hat would work, next time I get to doing this I'll remember to throw one in.

SignManiac
Why the green and blue colors?

No reason, mallards are green on the head (which is what I based the beak off of), just followed through for continuity so someone didn't go "why is his head green and his body grey with a bronze-ish shirt and a black color", the blue wasn't off putting. color was just a quickly layed out in case they wanted to do color, they didn't, so it was scrapped.