Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducks anyone?

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by New Guy, Jun 12, 2007.

1. New Guy

New Guy Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Greetings all! First time poster here and I hope I'm doing this right. I've been reading through some posts and I've learned a ton, just reading these last few days. I'm looking forward to being able to contribute one day soon, rather than just asking questions.

Right now, I have a request for a sign that has ducks in a pond on it. I have attached the actual one I'm trying to locate. Anyone know the source for this graphic?

Thanks-
    Steve

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
  3. doublesky

doublesky Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Fountain Valley
  4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome.

If you have the drawing already [you posted], what more do you need ??

5. New Guy

New Guy Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Thanks for the links so far. What I have is a photograph of the graphic. How would I change that into something usable? It's only a single sign. They could easily get it from the people who made the dozen that are already there (which appear to have been silk screened), but they wanted to give me the chance to see if I could do it for them.

Someone destroyed one sign, and they just need one replaced. If I have to recreate it from scratch, it's going to price me out of the market for it. However, if I can find something close, I'll be okay.

Thanks for those links, I've bookmarked them all. Great resources.

6. mladams7259

mladams7259 Very Active Member

Sep 7, 2006
  7. Buddy

Buddy Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Take a high rez photograph of the old sign....import the photo into your favorite sign design software or DTP program and re-design to suit with text that enhances the duck photo (colors fonts etc).

Then either....(a) have it digitally printed or (b) vectorize it and cut it out of vinyl