• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dude, where's my file?

GoodPeopleFlags

I put a .tif image in an Illy file and embedded it. I opened the file again later and it asked where the file was. I went right to where it was supposed to be and it's not there! I did a search on the computer and it doesn't find it. This has happened twice in the last week or so. What's up with that? Thanks!

Bigdawg

Just Me
One of the things I noticed was that sometimes when I embed an image... it moves... like way off the pasteboard into the gray you can't see moves... but if you do a select All... you can see where the bugger is hiding...

Is it still showing in your links/embed palette?

GoodPeopleFlags

:banghead:
It did it again! But this time it was an image I purchased which means I can't replace it without buying it again. This time it happened with Omega. I bought it last Friday, placed it in Omega. I have Omega set up to automatically embed images. I placed it fine and made the contour cutline. Today I go to Illy to open the image in there and place the cutline on it so I can add the registration marks, print & cut. Except the original image is GONE! Like it never existed. I did a search on the whole computer and it doesn't come up.

I'm using Cutting Master so as far as I know, there is no way to use that in Omega to add the registration marks. I have to do that in Illy, save as an .eps, print it, then use cutting master to contour cut. I'm using Omega 3.0, Illy CS3, Cutting Master 2, ColorBurst rip and printing on Epson GS6000. What am I going to do now?!? :frustrated:

Sorry this is in the Adobe forum but I thought it was an Illy problem until now. Now I just don't know.

Stacy - thanks for the advice but it's not on the page anywhere.

GoodPeopleFlags

Here's an odd follow up. I don't know if I can explain it very well but it might shed some light on it.

I decided to try to export the image in Omega to a .jpg then see if I could open that in Illy. Well, if you're familiar with Omega, when you do that, it will ask you if you want to export the original, embedded image the way it was or if you want to export it with the changes you've made to it, like the size. I said to export the original, embedded image. Then the window pops up with the folder I originally saved it in and the original file name! It came from Dreamstime so it the name was "dreamstime_" then a number. So I saved it like that and I was able to open it in Illy. WTH?

So the file is there... for now. After I print and cut it, I'm going to close the file and then see if it will reopen.

GypsyGraphics

was an image I purchased which means I can't replace it without buying it again.

Just a side note: I know you've since found the image, but if you hadn't... you can always contact customer service (or customer relation if iStock) and they'll email a duplicate of recently purchased files.

I haven't lost any but have had issues, resolution not accurate, and they imadiately email the correct file.