• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Duh? Does this pattern have a certain name?

speedmedia

I have a client that wants to do something similar to this background on a wrap. This is the only picture of anything like it he has.

My questions is does this sort of pattern have a name? I know it is the type of style that is typically used on fancy high dollar handbags and luggage as well as Cowboy Franks truck in his catalog. I have seen it ton's of times but wondered if it had a style or a name?

Thanks,
Kurt

Attachments

• Picture-2.jpg
    Picture-2.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 97

schramm

If it is the OAKLEY Background that you are talking about, it does have a name it is called "COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT". I am a huge Oakley fan and I am pretty sure that snowmobile was one that was given away by Oakley. If you do that same thing for a customer Oakley could sue you. Food for thought!

speedmedia

If it is the OAKLEY Background that you are talking about, it does have a name it is called "COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT". I am a huge Oakley fan and I am pretty sure that snowmobile was one that was given away by Oakley. If you do that same thing for a customer Oakley could sue you. Food for thought!

I appreciate your concern. I am not looking to copy this design but do something similar with a repeating element much like you would see on a coach handbag or luggage. I wasn't born yesterday though, I know the risks of copyrights.

Maybe I didn't explain it properly. I want to do some sort of repeating element background such as the one this sled has. I DO NOT want it to be the same thing but incorporate the customers elements instead of whatever they have in here. I am just wondering does this type of background style has have a certain name? Like damask or the like?

Thanks,
Kurt

jfiscus

Rap Master
It's just a repeating pattern, like stated above. Google for how to make repeating patterns in Illustrator (VERY EASY) and have fun.

signswi

What your looking for is called a "Step and Repeat" pattern.

That's what it is known as in the Garment decorating trade.

Garment industry needs to stop using Quark already! :scream:

Super easy to make in Illustrator, learning how to make patterns is pretty crucial in this industry.

Locals Find!

Garment industry needs to stop using Quark already! :scream:

Super easy to make in Illustrator, learning how to make patterns is pretty crucial in this industry.

What's that about quark? I never used it. I have just always heard it referred to as that when I have ordered materials with a pattern. Is that what quark calls it?

Flame

Guys Speedmedia is no dummy, he's a fairly respected guy on here and I'm sure knows pretty well everything you've already told him.

Sorry I couldn't help with the name dude but I've done many things with that pattern before. Guys sure like it huh?

cartar929

www.vecteezy.com has some nice vector patterns to choose and build from on there.

just know each file has different rights to it, so if you find something you like read over it and follow accordingly.