• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dull streaks in Edge 2 prints

Bcrawf

I started getting these dull streaks in my prints, same location all files? I did receive a "data 3 error" message while printing but reset the printer and the file printed but still with the streaks?
Any help would be appreciated.
Bruce Crawford
attachment.php

Attachments

• Edge2 dull streaks.jpg
    Edge2 dull streaks.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 179

jfiscus

Rap Master
Can you still see it after lamination?
If so, it might be the head going south soon, or just needing cleaned.

Bcrawf

Thanks, I did clean the head and I usually do not laminate edge prints. It has 2 streaks about 5/16" wide (shown) and another about 1" wide (hard to see in the photo) above the two 5/16" streaks.
I'm sure it's a heat problem, I checked the cables and everything seems snug. I'm attaching another pix.

Attachments

• Edge flat areas.jpg
    Edge flat areas.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 130

jfiscus

Rap Master
You really should laminate them, some colors only last a few months outside w/o lamination. We have been using Edges here for ever and we always laminate the prints.

Bcrawf

I've been using my printer for over 16 years and have never had a problem with fading. I use mainly Gerber foils which have a 3-5 year outdoor life and seem to last longer. I have used "Frog Juice" on some of my prints,
but mostly for protection. What laminates do you recommend?
Thanks!

Jburns

I would check:
1. Original media before printing- make sure there isn't a streak on the new vinyl.
2. replace / clean vinyl squeegees
3. clean platen- roller-
4. shine flashlight on the printing head- verify its really clean- no smudges / specs

Bcrawf

I started getting these dull streaks in my prints, same location all files? I did receive a "data 3 error" message while printing but reset the printer and the file printed but still with the streaks?
Any help would be appreciated.
Bruce Crawford
attachment.php

Well I changed the data cable and still have the "dull" steaks so I'm fairly sure it's the print head.
Has anyone changed their own print head or is this a Gerber only job?
Thanks,
Bruce Crawford

JRgraphics

Look at the ground straps, especially the one between the top and bottom halves of the clam shell. It could cause streaking.:thumb:

Bcrawf

Thanks for the tip but the strap is perfect. It seems to be a heat problem with partial areas of the head not heating the same as the others. I can take a heat gun and bring the shine back to the dull strips but I have to be careful not to "blister" the vinyl when doing this.

Hielorojo

Thanks for the tip but the strap is perfect. It seems to be a heat problem with partial areas of the head not heating the same as the others. I can take a heat gun and bring the shine back to the dull strips but I have to be careful not to "blister" the vinyl when doing this.
Hello, perphaps FA supplier problem, you can check the Voltage that the FA "give" to the printhead...