Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb illustrator question....

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by stephenj148, Mar 23, 2010.

1. stephenj148

stephenj148 Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Connecticut
    Okay so this isn't a huge issue but its becoming annoying...

when I go to scale, rotate or anything with transform, the point of where it transforms from has moved and i'm not sure how to put it back to where i'd like it.

when I scale type, the point is at the very last letter in the bottom right. it used to be on the left side.

I don't remember how to fix this...can anyone spare me of this frustrating little problem.

Tags:
  2. Vinylman

Vinylman Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Berlin Center, Ohio
    When you set type, choose the type tool, THEN look at the top of the page where the "legend" bar is. There should be information in that area regarding the type "style", "Size", "paragraph", etc.

you can choose flush LEFT, CENTER, or FLUSH RIGHT.

If you set type, and need to change these settings BEFORE converting to outlines, just highlight the type, by selecting it, and go to the above menu, and make your type changes. hit return, and your changes will take effect.

3. stephenj148

stephenj148 Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Connecticut
    WOW. thanks, simple as that. It was driving me nuts! Completely forgot about the justification. Thanks again.

4. Sign Ninja

Sign Ninja Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Er, *scratches head*

You guys sure you're talking about the same thing?

I think it's the anchor position in the transform tab, which will fix your problem.

5. stephenj148

stephenj148 Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Connecticut
    that works too. However because I was working with text it was because I had the text right justified which was causing my problem while trying to scale or rotate text