• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dumb photoshop question

racershawn

I know this is a dumb question .... but.... In photoshop... how do i get more then one line of text in one layer??? if i type in one line and hit enter .... well that is it... to make the next line i have to make another layer.... what simple thing am i doing wrong???? .... thanks

Bigdawg

Just Me
hmmmm that is strange... have you checked your leading? If you're not sure change it to auto and try again... if you are using something like 24 pt type and have the leading set to 350 pt there's a good possibility that it is just running off the page.

bentotdagr3at

hmmmm that is strange... have you checked your leading? If you're not sure change it to auto and try again... if you are using something like 24 pt type and have the leading set to 350 pt there's a good possibility that it is just running off the page.

this would be my guess too.

Chuck Olson

You're hitting the "Enter" key on the numeric keypad.
Instead use the "Return" key (sometimes it is labeled "enter" with an arrow under it).

weaselboogie

I'll second the leading. Double or triple click to select all the text and then set it to -5 or something just so you can see it and then adjust accordingly.

Charlie J

Try This

How to reset Photoshop preferences (In Windows):

1. First, hold down all three Ctrl+Alt+Shift buttons
2. Now "while keeping those button held," simply open Photoshop or a file that opens with Photoshop
3. As Photoshop loads, you should get a prompt asking if you would like to "delete the Photoshop settings file", Click yes

You should now have a fresh slate with all of the settings returned to their default.

lav

When you select the type tool are you drawing a text box or are you just clicking on the page and starting to type?. If you draw a text box and type into it and press enter your text may be cut short because your text box is too small or your line spacing in the characters box may be too big.

If you are just clicking on the page with the text tool without drawing a box with it you should be able to hit enter and drop to the next line, just make sure that in your character pallette that your line spacing isnt too big (usually the same as your font size is good to go)

racershawn

Thanks !!!!! that was not the isue but it got me thinking .... I found the problem and it is very strange.... I normaly use the enter key on the numbers pad ... well that enter will not work like the one next to the alphabet one ... yes yes i had the numbers lock on ... made no differance .... works fine now ... thanks for the imput