• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dumb question

bovegas

I just bought vj1617h. It was seating for a year before he decided to sell. Seller did test print for me at the time of sale. It wasn't perfect but all colors came out maybe 50%. When i got home i tried to do test print and nothing came out. I have checked all the fuses and they were all good. I have assumed print head is not working because when i tried it was freezing here i Chicago and my garage is not heated. I put cleaning solution in cap top and left it for a day. Today hooked up syringe to a hose exiting pump. When i pulled syringe it sucked all cleaning solution from cap top. Than i moved head to the capping station and tried to see if i can suck some ink and nothing came out. I dont know if maybe ink got thick because of cold and its not going through. My question is : is there a some kind of valve that mayne shuts ink off when printer is turned off? I know there is no such of thing on Roland. On my Roland SC545EX i can use syringe to pull ink from cap top when printer is off. I am new to Mutoh so i am not sure if Mutoh has some kind of valve.

bovegas

I can see in service manual there is 3 way solenoid valve. Does anybody know how this valve operates. Its not clear in service manual

bovegas

I was able to find this 3 way solenoid valve under the carriage board. There are 2 yellow ink lines going in. Anybody knows how this valve operates? I dont understand why it would permit the rest of the ink lines going into the head when only yellow lines going into the valve.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

From the menu run little charge after carefully cleaning capping station. That should be enough to get the ink flowing through the heads.

netsol

i am not sure if ecosolvent ink has a high enough water content to freeze (there is a trick you did in science class, indicating how alcohol and water molecules interlock, but not sure if that happens with the solvent in our inks)
possible you burst a line? or expanded enough to misalign a captop? any leak would keep new ink from coming in, but I WOULD THINK, you should print something until you expend the ink in the captops.

have you done a powerful cleaning?

regarding the solenoid valve, just a guess, were you setup they setup to print white?

bovegas

I did ink refill and got cyan and yellow to print great. Black and magenta just few nozzles. But after printing couple test prints its seems they all disappear except cyan. Is this issue with dumpers. When i was running ink refill i took covers off and i was able to see large air gap in black line. It was not moving at all. After i squeezed black pouch it started to move. Seems like ink dont wanna stay in head. Its like something its pulling back

netsol

If you have an air gap, get a syringe. You can pull ink throygh until no air in the lines
The syringes from solvent inkjet (a member here) are the best THE TAPERED ONES
You will probably want to do a head soak as well, at this point

bovegas

Thank you fuys for replies. I have just ordered new cap top and dampers. I hope that will solve the issue. I am just puzzled why the ink wants to go back to cartridge. I had cyan printing great. Perfect nozzle pattern. Than 3 hours later i tried nozzle check again and cyan was disappearing. Like its not enough ink in the head. Is this bad dumper issue?