• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dumbest question of the day. O-rings

InOverMyHead

Okay, I know this is a dumb question, But I have googled and google'd and I just cant find an answer.

Where do they go? I see one goes in the line from the damper to the waste line. But is there somewhere else I should be putting them?

When should I be replacing them? Each damper change?

Sincerely your village idiot =)

Thanks Candice CC=)

Last edited:

John Butto

How often do you change your dampers, if it is all the time, no use the same ones for awile, if you change them every year or two put new ones on if you have them and the old ones can be dumped.

GypsyGraphics

did somebody say o-rings?

i'm not sure where they go, but i like to be prepared

O-rings-2.jpg

InOverMyHead

How often do you change your dampers, if it is all the time, no use the same ones for awile, if you change them every year or two put new ones on if you have them and the old ones can be dumped.

But I don't know where to put them? Do they need an o-ring on the line in as well as the line out?

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Dampers or dumpers ??

Jemmings

2mm o-rings are used:
Ink line connection at the cartridge holder
Where the 2mm ink line mate to the 1.5 mm ink line on the back middle of the printer
If using large dampers, In the 2mm adapter near the damper.
1.5 mm o-rings are used:
Where the 2mm ink line mate to the 1.5 mm ink line on the back middle of the printer
There the 1.5mm ink line goes into the damper if using small dampers other where the 1.5 mm ink line goes into 1.5mm ink line adapter if using large dampers.