• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dumper problem?

Brilliant

hello,

I went to print on my JV33 today and noticed that my magenta values are too soft.

I did a test print and noticed that one of the magenta sets was missing completely. I opened up the box and pushed Solvent down the print head and made sure that it goes smooth. Then I saw my dumper and foun that it had almost no ink in it.

I desicded to print 4 boxes of 100% C/M/Y/K. What I saw then was that C, K, and M were weak with lines, whereas Y was solid. I did another test print and noticed that M didn't come back, and now C and K had been miising many nozzle linens. did some cleaning, and another test print and now I have 1C, 2M and 1K missing completely. I don't think it's a dumper issue.. but I don't know what it is.. as if it's not letting the dumpers get filled so as I go and they empty what's left in them they stay empty.

I did a Fill Up Ink function.. then another test print.. still same result.

What could be the problem? and more importantly, how do I solve it?

Thank you,

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
My guess would be the cap top on the capping station is worn out and not making a good enough seal on the head to properly pull ink through or possibly clogged ink lines somewhere between the capping top and the pump or from the pump to the waste ink tank. The DAMPERS (not dumpers) should be full or very near totally full on a JV33.

Brilliant

if that's the case I assume the capping station doesn't not get fixed, but replaced, right? any idea how much this would cost?

Masseria

Ok. Do the following steps at your own risks, im only trying to help you.
IM USING A JV33-160 WITH SS21 SUBLIMATION INK (WATERBASED INK)
These happened to me with Cyan 3 monts ago, and i had to change the printhead.
But you may want to try the following things before chaning the printhead.

First of All, i would do a ink test damper by damper, i dont remember how to in service menu at the moment but there is a function that make a straight line 100% color with 1 damper to check if there are any damage or something. (i'll check later and tell you).

Then, i'd check if dampers filters are clean if they arent i'd do a cleaning on them passing through Cleaning solution until they look clean... you can see the damper filter (here)YOU CAN FIND THESE ON DEALEXTREME.COM FOR $5 free shipping Chinesse if you like to test your luck give them a try... The rectangle is the filter if that is dirty,full of clogged ink and impossible to clean, you may need to change this damper.
To try cleaning it put cleaning solution catrdige in the catridge socket that is casuing you trouble, then open valve of the correct socket(now cleaning solution), and start sucking with a sryigne without needle. These will also clean ink tubes that in long uses can be clogged with ink like cholesterol to us(lol).
do the same thing with ink until the damper is fullfilled then try again.

2) Adjust and clean the cap station... For cleaning it you may find some screws on it its easy to remove and for me I use SS21 Water based ink so you can cleaning with just water. I Dont know how to Adjust this but there is a function in service menu to adjust the position of this until it make enough seal to pump correctly.
(maybe Sighline could tell us).

3) Clean the printhead Manually. its not difficult but you can brake the printhead if you do this in the wrong way.
To do this. Take all the dampers Out. A sryinge with a tube instead of a needle, start sending with very but very low pressure, cleaning solution trough dampers sockets. socket by socket when i mean socket is that plastic "needle" where you insert the dampers. until cleaning solution is 100% clean coming through.

4) Last thing after trying everything, i'd change the printhead. how many Mts did you print? (you can view this on the LIST function). how long has been in the machine working?

Hope it helps you.
Sorry for my english.

Brilliant

SightLine's guess was right. I replaced the cap top of the capping station.. then I sucked ink with pressed valves through each damper. Did a fill up ink, then a nozzle wash for 5 minutes. Run a hard cleaning and did my test print. everything was 100% :)

Masseria

SightLine's guess was right. I replaced the cap top of the capping station.. then I sucked ink with pressed valves through each damper. Did a fill up ink, then a nozzle wash for 5 minutes. Run a hard cleaning and did my test print. everything was 100% :)
Perfect.
good to know.

How did you adjust the captop? or you didnt?

Last edited:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Great news! Glad that got it going and your print head came back 100%. :thumb:
I've replaced the top on mine as well and also did not adjustments. Just installed the new one and it worked great.

Out There

If anyone is interested I have a pdf file with instructions on how to adjust your capping station.

My CJV30 was off quite a bit from when it was first set up.

Masseria

If anyone is interested I have a pdf file with instructions on how to adjust your capping station.

My CJV30 was off quite a bit from when it was first set up.

dont know if program is the same as jv33 or similar machines, but maybe it would work.. could you upload it and share link?

Out There

Yep..JV33 and CJV30 are mostly the same.

Should note on step three. It is not the up and down arrow keys. It is the left and right keys.

You will also have to restart the machine by turning off the main power switch and then turning it back on while holding down the function and remote button.

Attachments

• JV33-CJV Capping Alignment.pdf
    192.3 KB · Views: 241