• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dumping ink

stopngo

Hey All,

Have a problem. Just upgraded from 7.6 to 8.1. Alway had this problem but just printed from Roland VW except on certain colors. Anyway, I have a SC 545 EX Pro II V and when printing from flexi (8.1) it dumps so much ink that it literally pools on the sheet. Any ideas? Also, (only have the 545 for a short time) when printing a grad (white to 100% yellow) the LC LM is making a solid line in the print (when printing from VW). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF0059.jpg
    DSCF0059.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF0058.jpg
    DSCF0058.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Both of those would indicate a bad profile/ media configuration (no ink limiting). I would obtain a new Flexi profile (PTF file) for the ink and media and RIP that are being used in your shop, and install it into Production Manager (File Menu > Import Preset). THe PTF may be available from the web site of the manufacturer of the media, or possibly from SAi's web site.

Bob