• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Duplicating cut layers in illustrator

Is there someone well versed with Illustrator that would be willing to take my call? I have a question on duplicating cut layers. Probably something simple, but can’t find the answers on web-search or quite figure it out myself.

Pm me with contact info. I’ll call tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I can probably be of some help - I'm pretty well versed in Illustrator. I'll PM you the number

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Not difficult at all... go to the Layers panel and select your cut lines layer. Click on the 3 horizontal lines button top right and select Duplicate "Layer name".

See attachment for detail.

Attachments

• CutLines.png
    CutLines.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 164

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
Or, if you haven't put them on their own layer (oops) you can use the "Select similar" buttons to grab only what has that stroke colour, and then move them to their own layer.

Also anyone else ever accidentally copy/paste a cut line twice without noticing, and then watch the printed chop it twice and cut into the liner? No? Nobody else? :(

Just a quick follow-up. Sometimes it takes just a little nudge to get back in the right direction. It was an issue in master layer. Problem solved. Thanks Boudica and everyone willing to contribute.