• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

durable media

projectneon

hey everyone, were starting to get into summer in the downunder on the west side and the past few years haven't been the best in finding a durable vinyl to face are conditions especially in the country, lots of wind and thunderstorms but drastic heat changes from 42 degress at 10am to 4 degrees at 10pm, it needs to be a 5yr with a laminate, preferably greyback, any ideas??

projectneon

lgld3920g1520 that seems to be the preffered choice but still is only 60 - 70% we have problems with there gloss laminate aswell, leaving what looks like smudge marks in every revolution of the roll, we were using an avery but still had the same issues, its like we get the end of the batch, the left over media when its made.

Custom_Grafx

Which Avery?

I looked up the 3920, as I don't know LG products well, and it says it's a polymeric.

For the best durability you're going to want a cast product, with the best UV protection available. 8528 overlam made by 3M is even warranted for horizontal installs. You'll see an ad for this stuff on the banners on this site. I haven't tried it as yet, but use 3M 180 or 380 with the respective laminate for vehicles.

Your supplier will be the best person to help you out (if they know what they're doing).

projectneon

thanks mate, i have been going through 3 different suppliers who all say there products are the best but each one has there problems, for the avery im not to sure exactly what it was. ill do some research and get back to you on it. as for the 3m im looking for prices and if there is any stock in australia! thankyou for your help mate.