• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Duraflex??

ScottyAdams

Hey guys,

We have a customer asking for printed trade show graphics on a material called Duraflex. They saw the material on bannerexpress.net. My question is ...have any of you heard of this material and can I print to it on my Roland VS-540? Thanks

Kodak makes (made?) a version of Duraflex to be imaged via photographic processes, including Durst Lambda or Gretag Lightjet digital printers. it is not compatible with any solvent inks. See attached PDF for more info on the media.

Attachments

• e4014.pdf
    66.3 KB · Views: 389

rfulford

Kodak makes (made?) a version of Duraflex to be imaged via photographic processes, including Durst Lambda or Gretag Lightjet digital printers. it is not compatible with any solvent inks. See attached PDF for more info on the media.
Kodak Duraflex and Fuji Fuji Flex both polyester based photo papers with a high gloss finish. Most people want them either for the high gloss or the polyester paper base which is both opaque and tear resistant. You can duplicate both properties if wanted with a durasol or similar 5 mil gloss lam. Traditionally, duraflex is actually laminated with a textured polycarbonate laminate for scratch resistance which effectively removes the gloss finish.

TimToad

Adhesion and fit problems with Duraflex panels

I just got some replacement pop-up display graphics from a vendor for a client's booth and these things are a Lambda print on Duraflex. I'm not sure what happened because they are perfectly sized but will not magnetically adhere right to the frame. Anyone who has ever put a Skyline or Nimlok type pop up together knows that familiar "snap" as the opposite polarized magnets on the graphics grab the ones on the framing uprights. We've cleaned everything diligently, put the old graphics back up (which fit perfectly and despite their age and heavy usage have that familiar "snap" and graceful curve when all the panels are in place.

With these type graphics, the "A" and "B" polarity magnets are impossible to mix up, so we are at a loss for why these things are so stiff and just won't grab each other.

The new material is both thinner, but also far more rigid than the old prints which were the "old school" lambda print on paper mounted to clear polycarbonate and backed up with matte black blockout material. The end pieces which are meant to form the curved ends won't adhere AT All.

Has anyone else had problems with getting this type of replacement graphics?

I'm not even sure what to do to resolve the issue. I suppose I could ship the frame itself to the vendor and let them have a go at it until its right.