• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Durafos aqueous ink

sfr table hockey

Has anyone tried the Durafos Aqueous inks for the FJ and CJ series?
They are listing at $99 per liter on ebay. I have not found too many places that sell bulk Aqueous inks. Biggest question would be, are they as good or close to the Rolands OEM?

Jack Knight1979

I spoke with a durafos sales rep and he didn't seem to be behind his ink.

Basically he talked it up until I told him I use Triangle ink and I expect the same performance with less odor. He said that Durafos isn't for me.

I guess you get less order and crappy ink. LOL

sfr table hockey

Thanks Jack for that info. I would assume then their Aqueous ink would have similar results compared to OEM.

Lyson inks has a good Aqueous inkset, the colour is brighter then OEM inks.

Now on Lyson inks, I do see they have the pigmented ink listed. Do you use the dye or pigmented aqueous ink? I am looking to get the pigmented and not the dye. I have an email into them and then I will try to call and get more info from them.

Thanks for the input.

fatdogvw

I bought some on ebay about two weeks ago and put in in my fj500 pigment cmyk. The color is great, but it taking a long time to day. I find it still smears
after a day of drying time. I printed on semi gloss all purpose paper suppiled from the same company that sold me the ink. Hope this helps.

sfr table hockey

I bought some on ebay about two weeks ago and put in in my fj500 pigment cmyk. The color is great, but it taking a long time to day. I find it still smears
after a day of drying time. I printed on semi gloss all purpose paper suppiled from the same company that sold me the ink. Hope this helps.

Have you tried it on some media that you have printed on before with other aqueous inks, and know the media is the right type? Does it still take long to dry or do you not have any other media to test it on? Seems that the media you got from them might not be right for waterbased. I know when I fooled with printing on uncoated vinyl just to do a test cut around the printed object it looked fine for a couple min. then beaded up and if left would dry but when rubbed would come right off and leave a smear behind.

Thanks for your input.