• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Duratex 13oz Banner - colors not matching

Aireana

I have an HP Latex 560 printer with Onyx 18 RIP Postershop.
The Forward Brand banner (PVC) that we have always used in the past is now discontinued.
We were told to use Duratex 13oz Forward PVC banner instead.

I used the last of the Forward banner for a project and need to finish the rest with the Duratex.

The issue that I am having is that the colors are not matching. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

The PMS colors appear to be darker than previous prints and the gradient is lighter than previous prints.
The wood image is more red than the previous, as well. It just doesn't make any sense.

All ICC profiles on and I'm using the proper substrate profile on the printer for the Duratex material.

Please help! PMS Colors 2.jpg PMS Colors.jpg Wood-Gradient.jpg

Aireana

Yes, I got basically the same results.
Also, if I use the Forward banner profile I have to print at 16 pass.

Aireana

I am starting to think that there is not much I can do at this point.
Duratex seems to look like a more dull white compared to the bright white of Forward.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yes, I did color calibration and created a new ICC.
Printheads, a lot but they are still in good condition.
Thing is color calibration can only change the limits so much. There is always a overhead that is calculated to the original color calibration but heads that have been used alot its possible they can't reach to that.

Now if the white point differs a lot between those two then that can also be the reason for this. But based on that picture you should be able to get it more close unless the old material you had and the profile was in reality the one that was out of spec all this time.

Last edited:

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
White point from Forward and Duratex is much different. Duratex is more matte though our 1500s deal with the color much better than the smaller format HP's it seems. We use Duratex a lot...had to manually dial in a number of our special colors for one client whey grimco discontinued their previous line of banner and they took over Agfa's line of product..>Duratex. Sometimes you need to go old school and start messing within the Lab color output and dialing in the CMYK values for PMS or Spot colors there. In Caldera it avoids the ICC profile and directly looks to modified spot named colors for us.