• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Duratex Banner Material keeps bunching up in the middle.

MMPLarge Format

I have had this issue a countless number of times. It always leads to me wasting a significant amount of vinyl and I no matter what I do I can't find a fix for it. I have an HP Latex 360 and I am trying to print a 15'x5' banner on Duratex Banner material but every time the banner gets past ten feet of printing, the banner begins to bunch up in the center AS its coming out of the rollers. To be clear, it seems the material is being pushed towards the center of the rollers, causing the material to wrinkle between the rollers and where the print starts, thus resulting in significant head strikes and damaging of the print. I have ruled out that it is a bad roll because it happens on literally every roll, even different brands that are not Duratex (Grimco's brand).

Goldenstateprint

I had the same issue using Grimcos Duratex 13oz banner on my Epson s80 and did these 5 things that allowed me to print on this material. I lowered the heat settings (1) before & (2) inside the printer, (3) reduced media suction + (4)media tension, and (5) raised my print head height and that allowed me to print without causing the bunching up. Hope this works for you

rjssigns

Is it happening on a new roll? I've had issues with JetFlex bunching up on my Mutoh. After the first 15 or 20 feet it runs fine. I unroll media so there's a loop behind the printer.
Something changed with the material as it never did this and now the last two rolls had issues.