• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Duratex eco-banner?

JPR-5690

I tried out a roll of Duratex's 9oz eco-banner and I was wondering if anyone else has used it/is using.

Im printing with an HP 560 and the ink bleeds a little bit into unprinted areas but it doesn't bleed in-between printed areas which seems odd. I've played around with the optimizer levels without much luck.

I attached some examples...Im curious to know if anyone else has had similar issues.

Im on a witch-hunt to find a pvc-free banner material so any product recommendations are welcome too ~

Attachments

• IMG_2689.JPG
    IMG_2689.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_2690.JPG
    IMG_2690.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_2691.JPG
    IMG_2691.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 165

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Duratex was a huge bust from what I remember. What is the application, I have non-pvc options.

JPR-5690

Duratex was a huge bust from what I remember. What is the application, I have non-pvc options.

Yah Im hearing lots of bad reviews so far.

Mainly using it for indoor / shorter term banner applications.
I was using LexJet's FlexTek but was running into issues with adhesives not grabbing onto the polyester, not to mention its pretty translucent and expensive.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Yah Im hearing lots of bad reviews so far.

Mainly using it for indoor / shorter term banner applications.
I was using LexJet's FlexTek but was running into issues with adhesives not grabbing onto the polyester, not to mention its pretty translucent and expensive.

Price range will really determine which non-pvc route to look into. What is the price range you are looking at spending?

JPR-5690

Price range will really determine which non-pvc route to look into. What is the price range you are looking at spending?

Well FlexTek is $0.35/sq.ft., and Duratex eco-banner is $0.37/sq.ft. so anywhere around there? Price isn't too much of an issue, over $0.75-ish/sq.ft. would probably be my cap but Im willing to try something out before I say no.