Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duratex eco-banner?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by rm5690, Sep 3, 2019.

1. rm5690

rm5690 Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Virginia, USA
    I tried out a roll of Duratex's 9oz eco-banner and I was wondering if anyone else has used it/is using.

Im printing with an HP 560 and the ink bleeds a little bit into unprinted areas but it doesn't bleed in-between printed areas which seems odd. I've played around with the optimizer levels without much luck.

I attached some examples...Im curious to know if anyone else has had similar issues.

Im on a witch-hunt to find a pvc-free banner material so any product recommendations are welcome too ~

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Duratex was a huge bust from what I remember. What is the application, I have non-pvc options.

3. rm5690

rm5690 Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Virginia, USA
    Yah Im hearing lots of bad reviews so far.

Mainly using it for indoor / shorter term banner applications.
    I was using LexJet's FlexTek but was running into issues with adhesives not grabbing onto the polyester, not to mention its pretty translucent and expensive.

4. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Price range will really determine which non-pvc route to look into. What is the price range you are looking at spending?

5. rm5690

rm5690 Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Virginia, USA
    Well FlexTek is $0.35/sq.ft., and Duratex eco-banner is $0.37/sq.ft. so anywhere around there? Price isn't too much of an issue, over $0.75-ish/sq.ft. would probably be my cap but Im willing to try something out before I say no.