• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Duratex

I got an email this morning about Duratex, a new line of banner, adhesive vinyl, and rigid substrate now available through Grimco. Does anyone have the scoop on any of these products? The ad refers to them as 'value' products so I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I got an email this morning about Duratex, a new line of banner, adhesive vinyl, and rigid substrate now available through Grimco. Does anyone have the scoop on any of these products? The ad refers to them as 'value' products so I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

That is the failed line from Agfa, Grimco was given the line basically.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Packaging looks colorful
duratex.jpg

CCSG

Premium Subscriber

I think the quality of the material is similar if not the same to the forward banner however it is wrapped inwards. Roll orientation does not really matter to me. Hands down I think its better than the new briteline banner they are pushing!

bannertime

I think the quality of the material is similar if not the same to the forward banner however it is wrapped inwards. Roll orientation does not really matter to me. Hands down I think its better than the new briteline banner they are pushing!

Is it more or less rigid? I was a huge fan of the Key banner's flexibility but the white point of the Forward. Apparently that was a popular comment and is used as a selling point for the Briteline. While I do like the Briteline banner, I'd prefer it to be a tad more flexible.

Is it more or less rigid? I was a huge fan of the Key banner's flexibility but the white point of the Forward. Apparently that was a popular comment and is used as a selling point for the Briteline. While I do like the Briteline banner, I'd prefer it to be a tad more flexible.

We've been using Key banner with good results for the last few years so I'm a little disappointed that they are discontinuing it. Good thing I recently restocked and have enough yardage to last the next several months until we find a replacement.

bannertime

We've been using Key banner with good results for the last few years so I'm a little disappointed that they are discontinuing it. Good thing I recently restocked and have enough yardage to last the next several months until we find a replacement.

The Briteline is pretty good. However, if you're comfortable with the white point of Key I'd suggest looking at Cooley CoolFlex.

CCSG

Premium Subscriber
I would say that the duratex has the same rigidness as forward. The white point is better on the forward and possibly the britline. I do not have britline matte to make the comparison and I am only talking about the 13 oz banner only. I honestly liked forward more then anything else. I have also used the duratex 18 oz for pole banners and its great! I have compared it to ultraflex pole banner and I really can't tell the difference.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Bump. So we've been using Ultraflex Super smooth PET for pull up banners. Our supplier has discontinued it - and recommended Duratex as a replacement. Yep, said supplier is Grimco. Anyway - just opened our first roll and we are less than happy about the white point. It looks like scrim quality - and low and behold it is. Soooo - anyone have a recommendation for banner material closer to the Ultraflex?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Duratex was the house brand from Agfa. It was good material overall when Agfa sold it. Keep in mind it's not just one vinyl, it's their whole line of materials (ACM, PVC, Banner, etc). Alot of high volume shops love the stuff. Grimco wanted that business and purchased it for good reason.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
What we've got is the 15oz Blockout Banner. The blockout part checks a box - but would like something smoother and a higher white point. a true replacement for the super smooth PET is what i'm looking for.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Bump. So we've been using Ultraflex Super smooth PET for pull up banners. Our supplier has discontinued it - and recommended Duratex as a replacement. Yep, said supplier is Grimco. Anyway - just opened our first roll and we are less than happy about the white point. It looks like scrim quality - and low and behold it is. Soooo - anyone have a recommendation for banner material closer to the Ultraflex?

Let me send you a sample of mine.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
You can get this material from other suppliers, Ultraflex still makes it. We buy ours from Fellers, I think Lexjet sells it also. Love it for retractables. Been using it for about 12+ years.

Signature Graphix

Wide Format Printing - Signage - Vehicle Wraps

Id have to agree. I switched to the Duratex from the Briteline and other than the reverse roll, we are happier with the end product.