• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"during cleaning" will not go away on Mutoh VJ-1204

identity78

I removed the ink cartridges on the Mutoh VJ 1204 and inserted the cleaning cartridges, After the cleaning solution filled up I had to empty the waste fluid box. Then a message came up that says "during washing". The green light is flashing and the message wont go away. I'm not sure if it finished washing the head and no message has come up yet about inserting the ink cartridges. help please.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Anytime you do something out of the ordinary during these wash sequence things will get weird. Make sure your waste tank is actually in tripping the sensor to say that it is installed. If it is, try hitting the down key and then enter. This is what you would normally hit after changing the tank but it doesn't know to display it during the wash cycle. If all else fails, turn the machine off and back on and it should restart the wash cycle. I can't remember if it starts at the beginning or at the ink fill up mode so be prepared to run cleaning solution through again if it asks. There is a way to trick the machine into thinking it is full of ink as well if you want to skip the process.

identity78

Anytime you do something out of the ordinary during these wash sequence things will get weird. Make sure your waste tank is actually in tripping the sensor to say that it is installed. If it is, try hitting the down key and then enter. This is what you would normally hit after changing the tank but it doesn't know to display it during the wash cycle. If all else fails, turn the machine off and back on and it should restart the wash cycle. I can't remember if it starts at the beginning or at the ink fill up mode so be prepared to run cleaning solution through again if it asks. There is a way to trick the machine into thinking it is full of ink as well if you want to skip the process.

Thanks VanderJ, I did like you said and restarted the printer and now everything is working like normal.