Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Durst buys Vanguard!

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by FatCat, Oct 1, 2020.

1. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Tags:
  2. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Link won’t open for me for some reason. Are vanguard going to operate separately but under durst or are all their products just coming out branded durst? Assuming it’s a canon/océ scenario where stuff comes out branded as océ (vanguard) still?

3. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    ....As part of the agreement, the new company will operate as Vanguard Durst Digital Printing Systems with effect from October 1, 2020. David Cich remains CEO while Jim Peterson continues to serve as Vice President of Sales.

4. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Hopefully it was a great deal for everyone!!

5. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

If you don't mind me asking ... What is the price range of these printers?

6. KEYSER SOZE

KEYSER SOZE New Member

May 31, 2017
    Adelaide
    Seeing as Durst have a presence here in Australia, we might see these become available here.
    Durst are remarkable printers but a bit pricey for most of us.
    The Vanguards look to be affordable, well thought out robust machines.
    Hopefully the acquisition won't bump the price too much.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ABA Visibility Products

ABA Visibility Products Merchant Member

Jan 3, 2019
    Salt Lake City, UT
    You can't beat a Vanguard for the price/performance/quality. You can say the exact same thing about a Durst. Seems like a marriage made in Heaven.

8. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Very Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Not to be a big D but I just said this is why I wouldn't buy a small name printer. They have no obligation to support the minimal amount of printers they have sold over the past few years. Hopefully it's to build on what they have but more often than not it's just to eliminate a competitor.

9. KEYSER SOZE

KEYSER SOZE New Member

May 31, 2017
    Adelaide
    m
    Maybe.
    I think it's more likely that Durst don't have any medium/entry level offerings.
    This way they get ready made product, branded in part with the Durst name without diluting their "high end" image.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ABA Visibility Products

ABA Visibility Products Merchant Member

Jan 3, 2019
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vanguard is the #1 placer of printers in sub $300K. That's hardly a minimal number of machines placed out there.

• Like Like x 1
  11. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    I get what you're saying but from what I've seen Durst is a very well respected player in the industry - they're not going to buy a smaller company just to abandon their loyal customer base. If anything, this is validation that Vanguard is being taken seriously and this will only move them forward.

Congrats to Dave and everyone involved in the deal, sounds like a good fit.

12. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Very Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    That's good then, guess I didn't realize this before I made a stupid comment. Maybe it will be even better moving forward.

13. johnnysigns

johnnysigns Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    We run a Vanguard and we weren't nervous about the news. If anything I think it would expand their service, support and consumables working with Durst.