• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dust and mounting

giordno2424

I'm mounting 40x50 prints on Dibond but I keep to have dust problem(little dust trap between the adhesive and print) on several occasion. I keep the room clean more I can. I wonder if the reason of the dust problem is the preparation table in front of the laminator that is light table cover with frosted plexiglas(that it's electrostatic material)maybe should I replace the plexiglas with frosted glass?
Thank you
Carlo

jfiscus

Rap Master
We have a cutting mat on each of our tables, I'm sure your suppliers sell them. One small tool we use, a tack rag (like a body shop uses) does great for taking off the dust before mounting.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Get a PCR roller and pad set....best thing in the world. Picks up lint and dust any fiber cloth will leave behind.

gabagoo

Tac cloths work wonders although they feel like you just shook hands with a jar of honey!!!!:Oops:

strypguy

I use swiffer sweeper refills without the sweeper, lol. Also, There are different types of tack clothes. Dupont has some that are specifically for tack in-between base coats when painting cars and they are lees tacky. i'd ask any supplier of autobody supplies about these types of clothes. With the swiffer I can go over the print as well and not leave any tacky residue.

John

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, the newer tack cloths are most certainly micro-fiber..... and are as good as, if not better then the old cheesecloth type.

We use the old ones for many many things around the shop. We have some of the micro-fiber kind at home.

As for getting the dust off, either tack rag will work, but I'd brush them first and get the initial contaminants off, then swipe them with a tack rag a few times.