Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dust Collector

Discussion in 'CNC Routing & Laser Cutting' started by mtmdesigns, Jun 28, 2006.

1. mtmdesigns

mtmdesigns Active Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Just wanted to see if anyone has any good ideas or what u use for dust collecting with your cnc's.

Tags:
  2. andy

andy Active Member

Aug 19, 2004
    We have two- one hooked up to the Z axis and one for table clearing. If you have a vac bed then keeping the thing clean is a chore but a must do.

We use a couple of Ryobi industrial extractors with 4" hoses which dump straight into a bag. These were about £100 each and well worth it- hardly anything to go wrong with em so they last forever.

3. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    We got a unit from Grizzly, good product and can't complain about it.

I recommend Grizzly for most of the heavier shop equipment, bandsaws, shears, drill presses, etc.

4. mtmdesigns

mtmdesigns Active Member

Jun 23, 2006
    thanks

5. gerald

gerald Member

Mar 20, 2006
    My AXYZ came with a dust collector that surrounds the bit and an overhead hose takes it out of the room.

6. justgraphics

justgraphics Member

Sep 23, 2004
  7. mtmdesigns

mtmdesigns Active Member

Jun 23, 2006
    looks all good i was kind of looking for something custom or a little more advanced. i have 2 multicam's and one has the 2 heads so i have the pvc pipe running up the wall and connecting with flex from the ceiling it just doesn't seem to work that well.