• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dust Covers

mbarden

Hi Folks,
Anyone know where I can get a dust cover for my SP 540v. I would love to have it printing away 27/7 but none the less it does sit idle for a few days at a time. Does anyone know where these can be purchased?
Thanks
Mike B
Big River Sign Co.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If your place gets that dusty where you have the printer .... that quickly... I would sooner consider moving it. Even while you're using it it will get dusty and crap fall in/onto it if your conditions are that bad.

Anyway, just put a big piece of plastic over it or an 8' long of 2' wide bubble-wrap.

mbarden

I wish I could move it Gino. Not enough space in the office, has to be out in shop. I may have to make one.
Thanks folks
MB

ChiknNutz

I am really surprised that the mfgs don't send one along...seems kinda dumb to me that they don't...and that there doesn't seem to be anyone making them but I see a lot of people asking for them. SNAP, maybe someone needs to venture into this!

sarge

i have a jet air filter system that filters down to 3 microns going 24/7 and i never have dust issues unless i am grinding cottonwood bark .. so when i do that i use this vacuum deal i made from a dryer motor and squirrel cage with a catch bag ..

Ken1f

My Royal Sovereign laminator came with a cover but my 3X more expensive Mutoh ValueJet did not. We just bought a twin size sheet to cover it with. Cut out and applied a Mutoh graphic to it so it looks professional....kind of.

P

ProWraps™

try a BBQ cover. its a hard one to find that large but they are out there. we just us a plastic sheet cut to size. or you can use a scrap on banner material.

Fuzzbuster

Made our own with canvas for awnings

Just cut patern on sides measure from rear low point you want to cover to front low point.
and bring it to local commercial sewing guru

Even customize it with lettering

Done:thumb:

fuzz!
why letter it?
design the pattern then print it on some real light canvas, JM Mediatex sells some real light canvas that would work perfect, I believe its the Aqua material. Mock up the pattern with some cheap packaging paper and tape, then lay it out in adobe just like a wrap job. Don't forget to leave some overlap for the stitching. Sweet idea.

Ken

I'm with huffz on this...just use an old sheet..cut and hemmed...helps if the wife has a sewing machine.
I don't like plastic 'cause of the static electricity.
Cheers!
Ken

D

Digitall

Seems to me you might be talking about the plastic dust cover which covers the print area when you are in operation,. if so go to signsupplysupply.com and download catalog. they have them but are hard to come by. We recieved ours but took 4 weeks.

Fuzzbuster

Seems to me you might be talking about the plastic dust cover which covers the print area when you are in operation,. if so go to signsupplysupply.com and download catalog. they have them but are hard to come by. We recieved ours but took 4 weeks.

PAT Technologies makes them for there carbon filter systems too!
and no were talking a cover to cover entire printer when parked. :popcorn:

Tried the link you left for us but it doesnt work............signsupplysupply.com????????

S

Sign-Man Signs

We just use a sheet. Heavy thread count. Cheap but it works. Easy to fold to.

graphix

i had to go a little further, little old lady and sewing machine, but i managed to embroider my logo :)

Last edited: