Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dust Covers

Discussion in 'Roland' started by mbarden, Nov 21, 2008.

1. mbarden

mbarden Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Iowa
    Hi Folks,
    Anyone know where I can get a dust cover for my SP 540v. I would love to have it printing away 27/7 but none the less it does sit idle for a few days at a time. Does anyone know where these can be purchased?
    Thanks
    Mike B
    Big River Sign Co.

Tags:
  2. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    ... simple if ya can't google it make it .... now ya got a pattern to sell them to others

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    If your place gets that dusty where you have the printer .... that quickly... I would sooner consider moving it. Even while you're using it it will get dusty and crap fall in/onto it if your conditions are that bad.

Anyway, just put a big piece of plastic over it or an 8' long of 2' wide bubble-wrap.

4. mbarden

mbarden Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Iowa
    I wish I could move it Gino. Not enough space in the office, has to be out in shop. I may have to make one.
    Thanks folks
    MB

5. TorturdChaos

TorturdChaos New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    We use 2 big packing blankets to cover our SP-540v every night when we close.

6. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    I am really surprised that the mfgs don't send one along...seems kinda dumb to me that they don't...and that there doesn't seem to be anyone making them but I see a lot of people asking for them. SNAP, maybe someone needs to venture into this!

7. sarge

sarge Active Member

Oct 18, 2008
    i have a jet air filter system that filters down to 3 microns going 24/7 and i never have dust issues unless i am grinding cottonwood bark .. so when i do that i use this vacuum deal i made from a dryer motor and squirrel cage with a catch bag ..

8. Ken1f

Ken1f Member

Mar 16, 2007
    My Royal Sovereign laminator came with a cover but my 3X more expensive Mutoh ValueJet did not. We just bought a twin size sheet to cover it with. Cut out and applied a Mutoh graphic to it so it looks professional....kind of.

9. ProWraps™

ProWraps™ Guest

try a BBQ cover. its a hard one to find that large but they are out there. we just us a plastic sheet cut to size. or you can use a scrap on banner material.

10. Hfuzz132

Hfuzz132 Member

Sep 1, 2006
    We just use an old clean sheet cut to fit.

11. Fuzzbuster

Fuzzbuster Active Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Ottawa
    Made our own with canvas for awnings

Just cut patern on sides measure from rear low point you want to cover to front low point.
    and bring it to local commercial sewing guru

Even customize it with lettering

Done:thumb:

12. kustomsigns&designs

kustomsigns&designs Member

Feb 28, 2007
    fuzz!
    why letter it?
    design the pattern then print it on some real light canvas, JM Mediatex sells some real light canvas that would work perfect, I believe its the Aqua material. Mock up the pattern with some cheap packaging paper and tape, then lay it out in adobe just like a wrap job. Don't forget to leave some overlap for the stitching. Sweet idea.

13. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    I'm with huffz on this...just use an old sheet..cut and hemmed...helps if the wife has a sewing machine.
    I don't like plastic 'cause of the static electricity.
    Cheers!
    Ken

14. kustomsigns&designs

kustomsigns&designs Member

Feb 28, 2007
    that got me thinkin' !! bbq covers!! pool covers. car and boat covers

15. Digitall

Digitall Guest

Seems to me you might be talking about the plastic dust cover which covers the print area when you are in operation,. if so go to signsupplysupply.com and download catalog. they have them but are hard to come by. We recieved ours but took 4 weeks.

16. Fuzzbuster

Fuzzbuster Active Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Ottawa
    PAT Technologies makes them for there carbon filter systems too!
    and no were talking a cover to cover entire printer when parked. :popcorn:

Tried the link you left for us but it doesnt work............signsupplysupply.com????????

17. We just use a sheet. Heavy thread count. Cheap but it works. Easy to fold to.

18. ahollow

ahollow Active Member

Dec 25, 2004
    Plastic shower curtains for me. One on the Mutoh 38, and one on the Graphtec-75

19. graphix

graphix Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Ohio
    i had to go a little further, little old lady and sewing machine, but i managed to embroider my logo :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010