Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dust Or Defective?

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by mudmedia, Apr 9, 2013.

1. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    I can not get this 36" roll of IJ180cv3 to print right to save my life. Right out of the box into the printer and it is doing this even after 4-5 ft into the roll. My initial thought was dust so I opened up the printer and used air duster to try to get the dust out wiped everything down vacuumed, swept cleaned everything.

Fire up the print and still the same results. Is there a way to tell if the roll is bad or if it is my environment? I have never had any issues like this especially after 3-4 feet has gone through.

Thoughts please? My concern is it is not like it is a spec here or there it is consistently everywhere on the vinyl.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Put a different roll of 36" 180cv3 in and no issues. So I guess that would answer my question?

Still not happy with my dust management anyone got any pointers on a good way to try to keep dust out, I bag all my media as soon as I am done using it.

Guess I will have to call and get a replacement roll tomorrow I hate going through that. :banghead::banghead:

3. SlightlyChilled

SlightlyChilled Very Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hell
    and fix the banning you have my man

4. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    heh... yeah you can recognize that good ole mutoh wave banding a mile away.

5. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Yeah it is fairly bad on 36" still trying to get a handle on it. Dust is my main issue right now more than ever.

6. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    36" I have to run unidirectional to eliminate it but was color proofing so I ran it on bi-directional. I gotta do some feed adjustments for the 36" obviously.

7. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    dust shouldnt be an issue other that what is exposed on the roll when it sitting. 2' max. i dont bag anything.

8. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    So do you think it is a defective roll? to have that much?

I just do not want to send a roll back and them tell me the roll is fine I got that at about 4' out.

9. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    try wiping a few feet of the vinyl down with isa alcohol, if that section prints fine, and then goes back to spotty, the roll is bad.