• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dust Or Defective?

mudmedia

I can not get this 36" roll of IJ180cv3 to print right to save my life. Right out of the box into the printer and it is doing this even after 4-5 ft into the roll. My initial thought was dust so I opened up the printer and used air duster to try to get the dust out wiped everything down vacuumed, swept cleaned everything.

Fire up the print and still the same results. Is there a way to tell if the roll is bad or if it is my environment? I have never had any issues like this especially after 3-4 feet has gone through.

Thoughts please? My concern is it is not like it is a spec here or there it is consistently everywhere on the vinyl.

Attachments

• 2013-04-09_18-43-34_211.jpg
    2013-04-09_18-43-34_211.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 66

mudmedia

Put a different roll of 36" 180cv3 in and no issues. So I guess that would answer my question?

Still not happy with my dust management anyone got any pointers on a good way to try to keep dust out, I bag all my media as soon as I am done using it.

Guess I will have to call and get a replacement roll tomorrow I hate going through that. :banghead::banghead:

mudmedia

36" I have to run unidirectional to eliminate it but was color proofing so I ran it on bi-directional. I gotta do some feed adjustments for the 36" obviously.

ProWraps

dust shouldnt be an issue other that what is exposed on the roll when it sitting. 2' max. i dont bag anything.

mudmedia

So do you think it is a defective roll? to have that much?

I just do not want to send a roll back and them tell me the roll is fine I got that at about 4' out.

CanuckSigns

try wiping a few feet of the vinyl down with isa alcohol, if that section prints fine, and then goes back to spotty, the roll is bad.