• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dust particals printing on a roland sc545ex

DaveM

What would cause dust like particals in my prints on a roland sc545ex. I've done my regular cleaning and recently installed new wipers. I've also cleaned off my media realizing it maybe something on it to cause this. Thanks.

Jack Knight1979

are these metallic in nature? You've got problems if they are.

I get some hair/gunk/dust in my machine from the ink vapors bonding with debris in the air. Very small amount. I can usually clear all the dirt away with swipe of the finger. I notice it once or twice a year in a few different areas of the machine.

DaveM

The printer itself is fairly clean from dust and even the area. I've also ran a environment match

insigniagraphics

yep. My print room is as clean as a surgical room, but I still have the occasional dust issue once in a while. Sometimes the stuff clings to the media by static in the air, or on your clothes, or by gremlins. I've noticed that a very light surface sweeping with a swifter cloth helps, but don't make hard contact with the material, or it will leave a residue.